Very few people stay calm and focused when they are involved in a vehicle accident. That is why it is good to know what you must do after an auto accident to protect your rights and prepare for an insurance claim or car accident lawsuit.
- Stay at the scene of the accident, and if possible, determine if anyone is injured, then call 911.
- Call the police even when nobody is injured, as state law requires a police report when property damage exceeds a specific amount.
- Is the accident minor with no injuries? Move the vehicles outside the traffic flow if you can.
- Exchange contact details with the other driver/s and any witnesses, take pictures of the accident and surrounding areas, and write the details down when you have a quiet moment.
- Do not admit to fault at the scene of the accident.
- Notify your insurance company and other relevant authorities.
- If the accident resulted in major property damage or serious injuries, talk to a lawyer.
Can You Talk To An Insurance Company?
You are not legally required to speak with the insurance companies of the other parties involved in a vehicle accident, and it is best to let your auto accident attorney communicate with them. However, you are required to speak with the other people involved in the accident, law enforcement officers on the scene, and your insurance company.
Remember, insurance companies are not your friend, they are not your “good neighbors”, and you are not always in “good hands.” The Jupiter-based attorneys at Slinkman, Slinkman & Wynne have the experience, knowledge and compassion necessary to have the best chance of winning your case. With Slinkman, Slinkman & Wynne, you are in good hands, and your interests will always be placed first.
You Need An Experienced Auto Accident Lawyer
You need a law firm with experience, a law firm that has a substantial track record of securing excellent results for accident victims in South Florida for over 40 years. A Jupiter-based law firm that gives you the full service of a big firm while giving your case the individual attention you deserve. That law firm is Slinkman, Slinkman & Wynne, P.A.
Whether you are a driver or passenger who has been in a rear-end collision while stopped at an intersection, or a pedestrian or bicyclist injured by a truck that failed to obey the rules of the road, you need an experienced car accident lawyer on your side after you’ve been in a crash. You need a law firm that concentrates on practicing law rather than advertising on television and billboards. You want Jupiter-based Board Certified Trial Attorneys that will give your case the attention to detail it deserves. You need a law firm that knows where the courthouse is located and knows how to present your case to a jury at trial.
Do you live in Florida, and were you severely injured in a car accident? Slinkman, Slinkman & Wynne, P.A. can help you claim the damages you deserve. Contact an auto accident lawyer today.